Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: blank screen with graphics problem  (Read 2219 times)

random1

blank screen with graphics problem
« on: February 26, 2010, 01:05:58 PM »
Hi there!

I'm having some weird things going on with my laptop.

It all started when i had Win 7 for months and suddenly, when I was playing a game, it froze and went into a blank screen, the sound was weird too. Well, the first few times it showed a blue screen with crash dump report. But when i turned it off and back on, everything was alright.

Next time, when it happened, the screen went red. So i restarted and it was okay again. And then when i crashed again, and tried to restart, it would only show me a blank screen. Like I could see windows logo and loading and stuff, but then, when i was supposed to see my desktop, there was just a blank screen, no mouse , no nothing. My computer was making a normal sound that time, like it should be working.
Then i reinstalled my graphics driver, but the first thing i saw was 6 little screens of desktop, and i could move my mouse on all of them. Well that happened quite a couple of times too. But when i restarted, it always disappeared.

So I thought, maybe the win 7 graphics driver was kinda new,and i tried other drivers, but still same thing. So i reinstalled windows for win xp, and at first it wouldn't even let me install any graphic drivers at all. It would always get stuck and give me a blank screen.

Then i tried to look inside to see what's wrong, and i couldn't really open it normally. I could only open the part with ram and that fan cooler thingy. So i cleaned up a little and turned my comp on again. I could then reinstall my driver, but i still get stuck with blank screen.

I can open safe mode though, and whenever i uninstall graphic driver, it all works fine, no blank screen.

So yeah, my question is, is there a solution besides seeing the IT guys and getting a new graphic card?

I've been searching all over the net, but all the blank screen probs are very different from mine, so if i missed anything, sorry, i really did all the search in the world i could.

Thanks in advance!