Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ram timing and power issues  (Read 1817 times)

kingwoz

ram timing and power issues
« on: March 02, 2010, 02:09:39 PM »
Some info on my PC

BIOS
Award software; version F7

Corsair XMS3 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel

Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P (Socket AM3) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X3 Tri Core 720 Black Edition 2.80GHz (Socket AM3)

EVGA GeForce GTX 260 896MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Window 7 ultimate 64bit

Hi guys hoping someone could please aid me in some problems I am having in BIOS.
My RAM as far as I understand should be running at 1600mhz but it always shows to run at 1333mhz. My cpu clocks in at 2800ghz so that's fine.

My question would be is there anyone able to help me put in the right settings into my bios to get the ram/timing and voltage to run smoothly?

I have tried a few things myself by putting the clock on the cpu to 3GHz (and at stock) then the memory to the 1600mhz.. the computer seems to run ok but in running applications I seem to get some freezes and bios lock ups. (I'm guessing I don't have the power right on the ram???)

Anybody familiar with this setup could you advice me what settings I could put in my bios (ideally I would like to run the cpu nearer 3gig, if this is a huge and high risk ill leave it) but the ram I just can't figure out how to get it to run on it what it should be.

I understand the risks involved and any advice given is to be used in my own discretion. any help at all on this would be very much appreciated

Woz

Rebo00 aka Spank

Beginner

Re: ram timing and power issues
    « Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 02:35:51 PM »
    Not sure if it makes a difference or not as im not up to date with RAM at the moment but that motherboard supports Dual Channel yet you have Tri Channel RAM.

Also is the RAM in the listed supported Memory document?

I know nothing about timing frequency with RAM so someone else will have to help with that