Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 2 questions: can not delete,access is denied / and NSIS error. need solution!  (Read 3319 times)

kapkap

Topic Starter

Rookie

I had installed Yahoo Messenger before and then removed it. However one of the feature- yahoo update is still in the list of add/remove. when i click remove, an error message: NSIS error says: the installer u r trying 2 use is corrupted ot imcomplete, blah blah...

I also had installed Mcafee b4 n then removed it, but one file called sahook.dll can not be deleted: access is denied. make sure the disk is not full or write-protected blah blah.

Any solution on how to remove the Yahoo update and how to delete the " error deleting file"?
    Thank you!

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    You can try reinstalling Yahoo Messenger and then uninstalling it again. And please, lose the SMS speak - not all of us find it easier to read than English. Thank you :)

kapkap

Topic Starter

Rookie

Yes ofcuz, oops sorry, I mean ofcourse I've tried it many times but it did'nt help. Thanks!

Any other advice?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Delete it in safemode...and double check it's not in your startup folder before booting out of safe mode...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

kapkap

Topic Starter

Rookie

Thank you Patio, very helpful!  ;)

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        No problem...
        Welcome to Computer Hope.