Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Amilo L series laptop 1310(g) + windows 7 = fail drivers?  (Read 5818 times)

sullensky

Topic Starter

Rookie

Amilo L series laptop 1310(g) + windows 7 = fail drivers?
    « on: March 30, 2010, 09:56:56 AM »
    I have amilo L series 1310 (or is it 1310g, not sure what's the difference) laptop. Default specs. It came with win xp, because it's designed for it, also came the drivers & utilities cd with drivers for XP.

But now I want windows 7 on it. So I installed Windos 7 Ultimate 32-bit on it. Everything works fine (no lag, I'm impressed), BUT
    it can't find the drivers. The cd that came with the laptop just fails to autoplay (something about activex). Even if I manage to open it manually it doesn't work. Tried installing those drivers while searching in cd's folders. Still doesn't work, tons of errors etc.

When it comes to display drivers, I only manage to install/update drivers (on xp) with ati mod tool. Otherwise it gives me an error (something like 'setup did not find a driver compatible with your os. setup will now exit'). Same happened in 7. And by the way, ATI radeon xpress 200M only has drivers for xp, none for windows 7.

Again, if someone shared his story or just could explain to me how to fully configure windows 7 ultimate on this laptop model, I would be very grateful.

I believe it might be model specific.

Thank you for any help.

PC specs:

Brand/model: fujitsu siemens amilo L series 1310(g) laptop (not sure if it's 1310 or 1310g, btw what's the difference?)
    512mb ram (64mb shared for ATI radeon xpress 200M video card)
    intel celeron m 1.6 ghz processor

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Amilo L series laptop 1310(g) + windows 7 = fail drivers?
    « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 01:19:33 PM »
    Those specs are barely enough for Win7...

However your real issues...especially if it's a laptop is you need to find Win7 drivers for that machine...
    Otherwise you will continue to have problems.
    These should come directly from the laptop manuf. site...if they haven't written them it's because it's an older machine and they probably don't intend to...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 01:25:09 PM »
    According to Here...  you don't have much of a chance.
    Win2K would however run fine on that machine...even XP may have been a reach.
    « Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 06:06:31 AM by patio »

sullensky

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 11:37:57 PM »
      My laptop was designed for XP and was shipped with it. Works perfectly. When I installed Win 7 (WITHOUT aero), everything was working fine, I experienced no lag - it was the same as in XP.

Only that I can't find the compatible drivers. I'm sure it's possible for this model, because I've seen people who did it, but the didn't tell how. Also, I found some kind of a tutorial somewhere (I wish I remembered where), but it was kinda old and on one answered (not in this forum).

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 06:08:50 AM »
      If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

Additional requirements to use certain features:

Internet access (fees may apply)

Depending on resolution, video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware

For some Windows Media Center functionality a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required