Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video/Audio Stuttering  (Read 4873 times)

ChainOfOblivion

Topic Starter

Video/Audio Stuttering
    « on: March 17, 2010, 06:55:40 PM »
    After my last hard drive decided to quit on me I switched to a 1TB Western Digital and started to rebuild everything I'd lost. After a few long days I got everything back to normal except one thing: Any video/audio/flash I seem to play kind of "stutters" every once in a while. I haven't timed the exact intervals (because I figure that doesn't matter much when finding a solution) but it's something like once every 30 seconds. Upon paying closer attention to the stutters, I'm thinking that it's not ONLY when I'm playing/streaming media, that's just when it's most noticeable.

Also, I recall having the same problem before when I switched to this Netgear wireless receiver. Problem is, I don't remember how I fixed it.

Anyway, I figure this has something to do with my drivers, but I don't even know where to begin. I ran Sherlock 2.0 to see if it was an issue with some codecs, and while it found some problems, removing them did not fix the problem.

I'm familiar with my PC, however the majority of Google searches for my problem led to forums where I couldn't understand what was being said enough to try any of the proposed solutions.

I'm happy to provide any information, you just might have to step me through the process of finding that information =)

Thanks!

EDIT: Last time I had this problem it was only when I'm connected via wifi. I'll see what happens when I'm not connected. Also, I notice the video/audio stuttering when playing video games too.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Video/Audio Stuttering
    « Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 07:36:18 PM »
    Most common problem is with drivers.
    Next come programs that wanna be. You know, they wanna be your favorite media player, toolbar, sidekick,  pop up blocker etc. etc.

You should re-install all and any:
    • Motherboard chip set drivers.
    • Video graphics drivers.
    • Sound system drivers.
    The order can be important. you many need to remove the VGA driver before you start the  drivers again. Some Video drivers interfere with almost everything.

ChainOfOblivion

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 08:11:27 PM »
      This is done through Device Manager, correct?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      « Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:22:33 PM »
      Yes, you remove the drivers or disable them in Device Manager.
      Also, you can try to update the drivers via Microsoft Update service. This way you avoid driver that are not certified by Microsoft.
      Otherwise, use the newer drivers recommended by the original manufacture from their website. Of course, you internet has to be working. So get the new drivers before you remove the chip set drivers.
      The video card will work OK in VGA mode. Just poor performance till you update it.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 08:35:19 PM »
      you can try to update the drivers via Microsoft Update service.
      Never update any non-Microsoft drivers through Windows updates. There is a long history of MS being wrong.
      You download new drivers either from your computer manufacturer site and particular device maker web site.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      « Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 08:43:03 PM »
      Thank you Broni.
      I was not aware of that problem.  :-[
      Do what Broni says.

computersecurity

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 04:24:32 AM »
        After my last hard drive decided to quit on me I switched to a 1TB Western Digital and started to rebuild everything I'd lost. After a few long days I got everything back to normal except one thing: Any video/audio/flash I seem to play kind of "stutters" every once in a while. I haven't timed the exact intervals (because I figure that doesn't matter much when finding a solution) but it's something like once every 30 seconds. Upon paying closer attention to the stutters, I'm thinking that it's not ONLY when I'm playing/streaming media, that's just when it's most noticeable.

Also, I recall having the same problem before when I switched to this Netgear wireless receiver. Problem is, I don't remember how I fixed it.

Anyway, I figure this has something to do with my drivers, but I don't even know where to begin. I ran Sherlock 2.0 to see if it was an issue with some codecs, and while it found some problems, removing them did not fix the problem.

I'm familiar with my PC, however the majority of Google searches for my problem led to forums where I couldn't understand what was being said enough to try any of the proposed solutions.

I'm happy to provide any information, you just might have to step me through the process of finding that information =)

Thanks!

EDIT: Last time I had this problem it was only when I'm connected via wifi. I'll see what happens when I'm not connected. Also, I notice the video/audio stuttering when playing video games too.
        Uninstall every board drivers properly. Then reinstall it again. After use new software to play your File. I recommend to use Mpc star or VLC.