Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Stumped...Hope This Is The Right Section  (Read 2246 times)

kaveman1969

Topic Starter

Rookie

Stumped...Hope This Is The Right Section
    « on: April 01, 2010, 07:28:23 PM »
    I have an older PC. 2.6G Intel Pentium 4 processor and 2 G of ram. I'm dual booting XP Pro and Win 7 on 2 separate hard drives.
    I have an old Sound Blaster Live card that works great on XP. I couldn't get the drivers to work in 7 so I got the KX drivers.

After some tinkering, I was able to get all six speakers working and sounding good in 7. Now, what I'm having a problem with.
    I play my X-box 360 through my 22 inch PC monitor, and had the sound routed through the SB card via RCA couplers to a 3.5 mm adapter. Worked great in XP.
    With the KX drivers on 7, I can't get any sound from the X-Box. I've Googled this(or Topekaed.... ;)) and can't seem to find the answer.

I think it's a setting in the KX mixer, but I can't seem to figure it out. Any help is much appreciated.

Dave

kaveman1969

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Stumped...Hope This Is The Right Section
      « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 06:39:36 PM »
      Just to update, I got it working. Apparently by default, the KX drivers have the line out on the sound card muted.

I finally found the place in the settings to un-mute it and now have sound with the Xbox 360 in Win 7.

I know this was kind of a wonky call for help, but a lot of folks viewed my issue, so thanks for taking a look! :)
      I've never used the KX drivers for sound, so, it's been a good learning experience.

Anyway, all set!!. Thanks!

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: Stumped...Hope This Is The Right Section
      « Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 07:19:45 PM »
      Good to hear you're fixed up...

" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "