Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to start laptop up - Error after 3 seconds. 'Write Error'  (Read 3046 times)

chrisvaughan0101

Hi guys, I am running Windows Vista on an Acer Aspire laptop.

Long story in a few bullet points.

- Panda anti-virus runs out.
- I uninstall it.
- I go 2 days without anti-virus, then after 15 minutes of the laptop being on, everything stops responding and I have to restart.
- I download AVG, and install it.
- During the installation, it stopped responding a few times, but carried on and installed correctly. Then I am prompted to restart laptop.
- Once restarted, it comes up with Acer, press F2 for boot menu, and then after that, it is just a black screen with the 2 words in white - Write Error.

Is there anything I can do to salvage this laptop? I took it to a computer repair shop, and they said they had no idea it would take them 2 weeks to get around to looking at it, and even then it would take them 2 hours (£65) and they couldn't promise anything.

Is there any possibility that I could do anything myself to save it? Somehow get a system restore, or do anything to fix it.
Or is my laptop just dead and good for spare parts?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

midsail

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Unable to start laptop up - Error after 3 seconds. 'Write Error'
    « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 05:42:40 PM »
    Try this start in Safe Mode n try installing a A/V.  Sometime it works sometimes it doesn't. Also follow this link:
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html