Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Virus taking over my computer!!  (Read 2605 times)

christian557

Topic Starter

Virus taking over my computer!!
    « on: May 12, 2010, 07:03:01 AM »
    so i have purchased my computer 5 months ago it is a vaio with core duo 2, blu ray, and windows 7.
    my son was using my computer and he somehow got a virus on it, he claims he was playing online video games and i guess thats how it happenend.
    this virus is called "security Tool, protect your pc" it restricts me from using the internet, blocks the control pannel. dosent let windows security open it pretty much just blocks any way that i could get rid of it.

I would like to recover my computer and get rid of all the files if possible i dont need to save anything so i figure this is the best choice for my computer.

PLEASE HELP, TELL ME WHAT TO TRY! If you can show me how to restore my computer please tell me how!

""Allan sent me a link  to get antivirus but my computer blocks me from even installing antivirus. i am currently using another computer to access the internet""

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Virus taking over my computer!!
    « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 07:09:54 AM »
    Do not start a new thread for an existing problem.

johngetter

Hopeful

• The Computer Master (Number 2)
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Virus taking over my computer!!
    « Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 10:11:11 AM »
    Go into safe mode to figure things out. (f8 when comp boots up) everything should be fine. i would do safe mode with networking and get spyware doctor or somethin. "security tool" is just a spyware program and not a virus. viruses can be way powerfull than this. tons of people think this is a virus but doesnt act as one. it acts like spyware.

Why new thread?  ;)

Call of Duty Player
    Operation 7 Player
    Halo Reach Player
    Acer User

I am glad to help you today...Have a Nice Day, From your Friendl