Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Recovery?  (Read 6017 times)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Windows Recovery?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 03:24:54 PM »
That's certainly not my intention...however...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 04:05:12 PM »
The CD that the OP had/has could have accidently had backtrack put on it when the OP was making the CD.

Clearer?

Yes. But there is an equal chance the CD that the OP had/has could have accidentally had lude Polar Bear images put on it when they were making the disc.

First: How do you "Accidentally" Put backtrack on a CD? One would assume this means that at some point backtrack would have to be downloaded (or perhaps it was downloaded accidentally too?)

Second: even if backtrack "accidentally" put itself on the disc, the only way to "accidentally" install it would be if you booted up the disk and absent-mindedly went through the 10 minute (or maybe longer) install process, which involves changing partitions and the boot loader. All of which have pretty clear prompts and are rather clear that one should tread carefully.

Third: a "penetration testing environment" is not exactly something that "infects" an ISO. especially when said "infection" is nearly a full CD in and of itself.

Basically, saying "I accidentally installed backtrack" is the same as saying "OMG I accidentally installed FreeBSD"- you can't install them "accidentally".

Tell you what patio, Ignore my posts. I'm just trying to help and you keep pushing me further and further into the darkness.

It doesn't help to propose logic-bending theories about software you are apparently not familiar with.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Merlyn

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 04:07:26 PM »
It doesn't help to propose logic-bending theories about software you are apparently not familiar with.

*SHUNT* Further in the darkness

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 04:07:46 PM »
And then get upset when the error of your ways is pointed out to you....

CyberHunter

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 06:57:36 PM »
    Honestly I wasn't aware of BackTrack 4 ISO CD I burned was going to create partions and later boot up with BackTrack only and not Windows. I am familiar with BackTrack 3, used it before and didn't have problems. I guess I wasn't paying attention enough to what I was doing, everyones makes mistakes and I learned my lesson Lol  :)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 07:15:14 PM »
    That means where do we stand now ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 07:44:55 PM »
    Honestly I wasn't aware of BackTrack 4 ISO CD I burned was going to create partions and later boot up with BackTrack only and not Windows. I am familiar with BackTrack 3, used it before and didn't have problems. I guess I wasn't paying attention enough to what I was doing, everyones makes mistakes and I learned my lesson Lol  :)

So it wasn't really a case of accidentally installing backtrack- you installed it on purpose- it's more a case of being unfamiliar with what that entails in the later versions.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

CyberHunter

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 05:01:31 AM »
      That means where do we stand now ? ?

topic closed , and now I'll try and recover any of my files if I can :)

CyberHunter

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 05:07:26 AM »
        So it wasn't really a case of accidentally installing backtrack- you installed it on purpose- it's more a case of being unfamiliar with what that entails in the later versions.

exactly..new version and unfamiliar with it. *smacks head*