Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC Shuts Off Randomly, Help!  (Read 1864 times)

manny714

Topic Starter

PC Shuts Off Randomly, Help!
    « on: July 08, 2010, 02:48:28 PM »
    Hello guys, I am new here and my name is Manny. I have a problem with my Pc, a very annoying problem. It all started about a month when my computer decided to act weird. I will describe the symptom in detail as follows:

*I boot the PC as usual, it loads up, after a while the screen turns black, the led on the Monitor blinks like if it were in sleep mode, the PC led and PC stay on and then all of a sudden ( 3mins. later ) it re-boots itself up.

I built this computer not so long ago (4 months ago), its a modest build, just for family use. I had Norton Anti-Virus and it did the same. I uninstalled it and installed AVG and still does the same. I don't know what to do at this point and I will gladly appreciate any help, thank you in advance.

PS: Here are the PC's complete specs....

* PACK: Service Pack 3
    * MEMORY: G.SKILL 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL6S-2GBMQ
    * HARD DRIVE: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    * MEDIA READER: LITE-ON DVD Writer - Bulk - Black SATA Model iHAS224-06 LightScribe Support - OEM
    * CPU: Intel Pentium E6300 Wolfdale 2.8GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80571E6300
    * MOTHERBOARD:GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    * CASE: Rosewill R2036-BK Black Computer Case 400W Power Supply

PSS: Also, I have intalled the latest version of Speed Fan to see if it would help me read PC temperature but every time I click on the icon or try to run it in another way, my PC does the same act; it goes black and restarts.

PSSS: I hope I have posted this thread within the right section.

manny714

Topic Starter

Re: PC Shuts Off Randomly, Help!
      « Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 05:00:47 PM »
      *Bump* :'(