Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Chrome OS Flow Error 8  (Read 3219 times)

BluerjB

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Windows 7
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Chrome OS Flow Error 8
« on: June 26, 2010, 06:29:57 PM »
Im thinking about trying Chrome OS Flow. And here are the instrictions on how to install it to a flash drive:

1.Make sure you have extracted the cd-image (the. Img) archive (. Tar), you can use 7-Zip for this.
2.Launch Windows Image Writer, select the image-cd (ChromeOS-Flow.img) and your USB drive letter
3.Click on “Write”. The installation image is copied to the key. (You may need administrator rights)
4.The key will be formatted to copy the image.
5.Once done, close the program and restart from the USB key.
6.Done
7.If your BIOS does not support booting from a USB drive, burn PLoP (sic) on a diskette, CD or DVD and restart the USB.

I followed it until i got to an error while trying to launch Windows Image Writer. It gives me and error saying that :

An error occurred when attempting to get a handle on the device. This usually means something is currently accessing the device; please close all applications and try again.

Error 8

can it get some help with this?

Thanks

BluerjB

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Windows 7
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Chrome OS Flow Error 8
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 02:47:54 PM »
ok i figured it out... just disable the floppy drive "It's not like your going to need it"  ;D