Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IBM T30 LCD screen fault  (Read 2218 times)

jacksonc

Topic Starter

Rookie

IBM T30 LCD screen fault
    « on: July 26, 2010, 03:03:27 AM »
    Hi

I have a ibm t30 (really good laptop) until I dropped it on the floor from my chair about 1m of the ground and the lid closed and it fell on it's LCD screen.  I then tried to turn it on only to see a whole lot of colours flask across it briefly and then it was blank.  You could see the back light was on as I could still adjust the brightness.  The external laptop plug also works fine and displays the picture.  Is this something I can fix for free?  I belive it is an inverter problem but please tell me it is just something to do wither the cables and that it will not cost a cent.  Thanks.  Hopefully this is enough info.

jacksonc

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: IBM T30 LCD screen fault
      « Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 03:06:13 AM »
      Sorry flask is meant to be flash.  And the system it self runs fine when displayed externally.  Sorry for the mistake.  It seems to be when you turn the LCD screen on that the colours flash across the screen.

Salmon Trout

Re: IBM T30 LCD screen fault
      « Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 04:55:54 AM »
      If you know how to check the cables, do so, otherwise take it to a repair shop.