Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: intel d845grg mb dead ?  (Read 2928 times)

blackrainbow

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• For the Emperor!
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Freaks geeks and autographs shop
  • Experience: Familiar
intel d845grg mb dead ?
« on: July 25, 2010, 12:23:05 PM »
one the week end i took my old pc apart to  spray the the case i took the front pannel off carefully and i life the rest ot the case at the other end of my garage, i removed the power / reset switch and the leds from the front of the case, sprayed it black, after i waited for the front to dry i reassembled it, and  connected the switches.

the mother board led comes on but when i power it up i get nothing, im just stumped, the light on the mb eliminates the psu, (the wires are connected crrectly) it worked fine untill i took the front of the case off, im thinking the MB has died due to the age of the MB any ideas to find out what the problem is

JohnK

Hopeful

• Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: intel d845grg mb dead ?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 08:37:19 PM »
I hate to ask the obvious, but did you reconnect the switch correctly?

You might possibly be able to test that by pulling the CMOS battery out and letting it sit without AC power for a few minutes, then plug it in. All of the intel boards i've had power on after AC failure when the cmos gets reset.

blackrainbow

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• For the Emperor!
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Freaks geeks and autographs shop
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 05:00:53 AM »
yeahh the switches are  in correctly  i followed the manual when i put it back together, would restting the cmos work though ?

isarodriguez

Starter

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 11:34:05 PM »
    one the week end i took my old pc apart to  spray the the case i took the front pannel off carefully and i life the rest ot the case at the other end of my garage, i removed the power / reset switch and the leds from the front of the case, sprayed it black, after i waited for the front to dry i reassembled it, and  connected the switches.

the mother board led comes on but when i power it up i get nothing, im just stumped, the light on the mb eliminates the psu, (the wires are connected crrectly) it worked fine untill i took the front of the case off, im thinking the MB has died due to the age of the MB any ideas to find out what the problem is

Clean your cables properly or try it with a new PSU.

thelaymanscomputer

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 03:03:34 AM »
      I would bet my left man-orb you either have the switch plugged in wrong, or you damaged the switch when removing it. Do you have an old case you can take a power switch from? If so, just plug the switch directly to the mobo and try powering it up.
      "...I was only trying to help!!..."

http://www.thelaymanscomputer.com