Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound disappeared  (Read 2481 times)

kimecia

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Sound disappeared
    « on: August 02, 2010, 02:41:45 PM »
    Can someone help me please? The sound on my computer has mysteriously disappeared , otherwise it works fine.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Sound disappeared
    « Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 02:50:55 PM »
    You need to provide more information. For example, what happened between the last time it worked and the first time it didn't? Are there any errors in device manager? What type of system? And anything else you can think of.

kimecia

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »
      Well Its been about a year since it worked , but it was after I "cleaned up" the system and deleted some things. Its a Celeron D with Windows XP, if that's what you mean.

Allan

• Mastermind
      « Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 03:05:31 PM »
      A year? You "cleaned up" the system and deleted some things? Okay - here are your options:

1) Download and install the latest driver for your sound card. If that doesn't fix it then
      2) Do a repair install of the OS

kimecia

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 03:07:44 PM »
        Ok Thanks

aaron11

Cyber Acoustics 2200 speakers
          « Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 07:00:51 PM »
          hi i just got a new computer and and bought speakers seperate, they turn on and do not generate any sound but when i plug in my ipod the speakers work. can anyone help me here what might be the problem? i try to download audio drivers which arent needed for these speakers apparently but i get errors. i am new and could use any help and would appreciate it.

quaxo

Guru
            • Yes
          • Computer: Specs
          Re: Cyber Acoustics 2200 speakers
          « Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 09:24:10 PM »
          hi i just got a new computer and and bought speakers seperate, they turn on and do not generate any sound but when i plug in my ipod the speakers work. can anyone help me here what might be the problem? i try to download audio drivers which arent needed for these speakers apparently but i get errors. i am new and could use any help and would appreciate it.

Aaron, in the future, please don't make multiple posts on the same issue. It doesn't get help any faster. Please refer to my reply in the thread you started about this issue.