Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: not getting signal when computer is truned on  (Read 2434 times)

rrnbcas

not getting signal when computer is truned on
« on: August 01, 2005, 06:11:50 AM »
I have windows 98. when I turned on the computer I get nothing on the monitor? no signal at all... check my tower and the power on light is on, HD activity light is on
I tried to turned it off but it will not shut down, so I turned it off by switching the off the power switch on the back off the power supply box.  I check the inside of my system to ensure that there is no loose connection and also the monitor plug.  I also test the video card on another system it works.  I also test the monitor by disconnecting all my hardware from the motherboard(CD and hard drive) turn on and I get a video display of the mother board Setup. reconnect the hardwares and then turn on, nothing no signal no video display and the system won't shut down with the use of the power on and off switch.  please help!!!! :o

Crafty

Re: not getting signal when computer is truned on
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 07:23:26 AM »
I would suggest you try a diffrent Graphics card. And reseat your Ram. I know you say your Graphics card works in a diffrent computer, but this happened to me once. The drivers just became corrupt and untill i installed another Graphics card even though the one i took out was working, (as like you i tried on a different computer) i couldnt boot up my PC.

if it boots up with another Graphics card then try reinstalling the one you took out. I did and it worked for me.

Other things i would look at, is your cpu Fan spinning when you start the computer. Could even be a fault with the power supply.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 01:32:26 PM by Crafty »

merlin_2

Re: not getting signal when computer is truned on
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 12:55:50 PM »
Does the monitor power on! led light on! or is the fuse 1.5ma blown!in it.....or is the main plug fuse blown......if a monitor.....is power up and has a problem.....it will display signal error! check the connections/monitor....