Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer screen won't display anything  (Read 2076 times)

eternity81

computer screen won't display anything
« on: September 04, 2010, 06:19:37 PM »
hello

I have a desktop, and my computer screen doesn't want to display anything.  I just installed a new PC game (starcraft 2), which required an internet connection for obtaining patches.  I just moved into my new apartment, and hadn't had the time to get my own secured internet connection, so i connected to the neighbour's wireless internet.   after the game was installed everything was fine. I played with my new game, then i eventually closed my computer.

after that I tried to turn it back on after a few hours..my computer is open...but nothing is displayed on the screen.  i checked to make sure it was at on, and all of the cables too: everything was fine.  the power remains at on, but it switches to power save mode, and the screen remains black.

what can i do to fix it?  is it related to what i just did to my computer?  please help me.

Thank you for your time.

devildog429

Starter

Re: computer screen won't display anything
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 11:12:03 AM »
    this sounds like your pc is booting properly. is the sound turned on? you will be able to hear the windows sound when it boots up if the pc is working properly.
    besides the obvious of checking your monitor cable for looseness and bent pins have you tried to make sure that all of your cards are seated properly? during a move sometimes things unexpected happen.