Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Annoying virus, "Your System Is Infected"  (Read 4058 times)

DaveD16

Annoying virus, "Your System Is Infected"
« on: September 14, 2010, 11:29:17 PM »
Hi guys, I'm new here, I stumbled across this board, while searching for a solution to a computer problem that I'm having and I hope you guys can help me out!

It seems I somehow have contracted a nasty virus on my computer, and unfortunately everything I've tried to date has been unsuccessful in removing it.

The long and short of it is that I downloaded something, and immediately after started seeing some strange things happening to my system. For one I've noticed the performance of the system has slowed to a snail's pace. I also noticed some weird things happening when using Firefox, it's almost as if someone reverted the theme to a Windows 98 theme, and finally today I noticed a big black box on my desktop saying ""Your System is Infected. System has been stopped due to a serious malfunction. Spyware activity has been detected. It is recommended you use a spyware tool to prevent data loss. Do not run any application before spyware is removed." I'm sure you guys have seen problems like this before, and I'm hoping that you can help me out.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I've attached my log from a HijackThis scan that I've ran.

[recovering disk space - old attachment deleted by admin]

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Dribbling Pensioner
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Annoying virus, "Your System Is Infected"
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 12:56:52 PM »