Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Battery issue  (Read 1907 times)

RDP

Topic Starter

Rookie

Battery issue
    « on: October 23, 2010, 06:39:50 AM »
    I have a Toshiba laptop which is a little over 3 years old. Functionally works well but the issue I'm having is with the battery. It charges up but only lasts for about 45 minutes from the time it is fully charged until it gets to very low power. I looked at the "Toshiba Power saver properties" and do not see anything that I can change to help improve performance. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to improve the battery life. Thank you.

Arejaygee

Rookie
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Battery issue
      « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 07:47:54 AM »
      Has it always been that quick to drain?

Have you tried charging it at different outlets? Or tried a different charging cable?

The power saver properties are more for long term saving, like when to go on standby etc. If you are in a well lit room, take the brightness down, that will give you abit longer.

Only run 1 or 2 things at once, that will put less pressure on the CPU and memory, and will save battery life.

Alternatively, buy a new battery. You could probably find one by talking to Toshiba, or even looking on ebay.

There isn't much you can do to get more than that 45 minutes, seems to be a duff battery.

Do or do not. There is no try.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Battery issue
      « Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 09:44:15 AM »
      If the battery is over 3 years old and will still run the computer for 45 minutes, that's not bad.  Face it, your battery is approaching end of life, which is normal for its age. 

I suggest shopping on Amazon.com as a source for a battery.  I believe you can find them much lower in price than what you'll get from Toshiba.  At least, that's been the case with other computer brands, so I'd bet it's true to Toshiba batteries also.