Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista freezes soon after startup (fresh installation)  (Read 2854 times)

Stormstrykes

Topic Starter

Starter

• Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Vista freezes soon after startup (fresh installation)
« on: November 28, 2010, 11:54:38 AM »
I've tried just about everything i can think of to fix it but its a fresh install of vista and for some reason its freezing and ive run  the *censored* check, memory diag., swapped the mobo (identical mobo and processor) vid card and hard drive also played around with the ram as well but if anyone has a possible answer please let me know thanks!

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Vista freezes soon after startup (fresh installation)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 11:57:09 AM »
You need to explain the problem in detail. You also need to tell us about your system, why you installed the OS (new hd, problem that caused you to reformat, etc) and exactly HOW you installed the OS.

Stormstrykes

Topic Starter

Starter

• Yes
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 12:12:47 PM »
well it started when i was having problems where if i installed my video drivers windows would not load but it would in safe mode only (vista sp1) then i went and tried updating and installing sp2 the update completely screwed up and now it wont load at all so i installed on to a new hd installing xp first then using my upgrade to vista and it freezes within the first 5 mins after startup and like ive said i tried a differend vid card, ran diagnostics on memory and the hard drive all checked out. the system is custom built. 2.2 core 2 duo, 4 gig gskill ram, 500gb seagate sata hd, 8800 gts geforce video card with windows vista sp1

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 02:54:42 PM »
Wow...
Vista...then XP...then back to Vista.

You need to DLoad and collect the proper drivers for whatever OS you are installing...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Stormstrykes

Topic Starter

Starter

• Yes
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 03:27:37 PM »
i had vista all set up on my old drive that completely screwed up i used xp to load vista onto my new hard drive all i have is an upgrade version of vista because i had a tight budget for when i built my computer. i had no problems with it for the 3 years i had the computer until it would not run with the video drivers in it then i ran all the updates thats when my old hard drive screwed up and i installed fresh on a new drive.