Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: fonts  (Read 2673 times)

chili340

fonts
« on: November 27, 2010, 06:25:11 PM »
I installed a new hard drive. It is 160G the old one was 80g. I used the original windows xp pro disc that the fellow that built the computer gave me. I had always had good fonts. Now the fonts will come up very small even on some web pages. They become distorted and overlap in places.I have tried every thing that has been recommended  at differant places on the net. No luck. Think someone here can help me? Would be appreciated. Thanks

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: fonts
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 06:48:41 PM »
even on some web pages.
Have you tried adjusting fonts, sizes on your View menu of your browsers? Click View(menu) select zoom (to 100%) text size(medium) Encoding(WestEur, left to right). Click Tools menu, Internet options, under General tab, Appearance, Use Arial,Courier New, click Apply. Under your Control Panel,Display settings, Settings tab, Advanced..., Troubleshoot tab, Slide to full your Hardware Acceleration, click Apply.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: fonts
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 06:25:54 AM »
After installing the OS did you download and install all drivers (chipset, video, etc)?