Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP G60 cannot see my Blackberry  (Read 2438 times)

reluctantexan

Topic Starter

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    HP G60 cannot see my Blackberry
    « on: December 03, 2010, 04:44:30 PM »
    I've replaced my plugs 3xs  to connect my bb, but my computer can't see it.  I've been to all kinds of forums, I've re-installed the Desktop Helper, I've tried everything I can think of. I even tried to connect with Bluetooth, but, even tho the two (PC and BB) can see each other, they cannot be paired.

It would keep me from pulling out the few hairs I have left if somebody could help me with this prob. I thought maybe it's about my usb drivers, but.....

Please.

HP G60 Notebook PC
    Windows Vista

Have updated everything I can think of, but I still feel that my problem lies in the usb connection or drivers. BTW, the usb port works just fine to charge the BB - such a mystery.
    « Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 05:47:05 PM by reluctantexan »

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: HP G60 cannot see my Blackberry
    « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 03:44:28 PM »
    Here is a general reference that may be relevant to the issue.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Serial_Bus  :)

Hello, it seems that no one has answered your question yet.
    Let me give it a try. At first, while reading your post, I thought you were trying to connect your Blackberry to your computer using a Bluetooth connection. But when you mentioned charging it from a USB port, I realized you were talking about something else. Apparently, you wish to connect your Blackberry to your computer with a USB cable. Is that correct?
    Based on my own experience, and on the information in the reference given above, there may be some setting you have to change on the device in order for it to communicate with a Windows PC. I have seen this problem on different kinds of mobile devices. What it is called escapes me, but there is some kind of setting that has to be made before the external device in the Windows PC can communicate using the USB port.
    The fact that it can get power just proves that the connection is there physically. I have a lot of old dad shuffling around here that will do that, collect physically and get a charge from my PC, but they failed to communicate with a PC and told something strange happens. Either I have to set something inside the device, or have to change the USB cable, or have to try again tomorrow, or have to trick Windows into giving it another try. Hard to explain how that works.
    It may be that it's a piece of software you need for your PC, is that for the case I'm sure the manufacturer would have conform to what the proper procedure is for hooking your device to a Windows-based PC. Now if you're using an Apple Mac, the rules are, I think, different. But I'm not sure -- I don't have an Apple here to work on it this time.

Please excuse typos and grammar. I use speech recondition software to post.

reluctantexan

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: HP G60 cannot see my Blackberry
      « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 04:24:32 PM »
      This is just the strangest situation and I have re-installed and re-loaded and re-placed everything I can think of. My primary objective is to utilize my Tether Software when traveling so that I can use the BB as my modem.  I've used it before with great success, but I don't know if it was this particular laptop.

In answer to the question "Apparently, you wish to connect your Blackberry to your computer with a USB cable. Is that correct?" That is correct, but remember that the BB charges when connected with the USB cable. My Blackberry Desktop Assistant tells me I need to connect my BB by USB cable when it is already connect.d  My BBDA cannot see my BB.

ALSO, I cannot get them to pair using Bluetooth.  Each sees the other, but they will not pair.

Today I called Sprint (my mobile phone carrier) and talked to tech. They just opened a ticket and told me to take the phone in.

BTW, today I installed the BBDA on one of my netbooks (using XP instead of Vista). Again, the BBDA could not see my BB. So it must lie inside the phone itself. I have it set to "discoverable" BTW.

Strange situation.

Thanks for your help.