Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ubuntu little shutdown bar disappeared?  (Read 3866 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Ubuntu little shutdown bar disappeared?
« on: February 05, 2011, 07:36:31 PM »
Ok as i mentioned in my first Ubuntu post I love Ubuntu and i am new to it. My issue is that normally in the right corner we have our user name powersymbol menu and then the options of shut down etc. Anyway the one night at start up i got an error which unfortunately i can't remember what is was and that username, and power symbol menu bar along with all those options disappeared? Anyway the shut down log off options are now under system menu. Is there anyway to get it back into the top right corner under my username bar? Instead of my username i have the time in the very right corner now. I know this isn't easy to explain so please tell me if you don't get it. If this helps my system specs will be posted at the bottom. and Ps i am dual booting with windows xp pro SP3

2.70 Ghz CPU
40 GB hdd  windows 22GB ubuntu 15GB partition
512 MB RAM
Toshiba Satellite a40 laptop

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Ubuntu little shutdown bar disappeared?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 03:52:42 PM »
im sorry for taking so long to reply. Thanks JJ 3000. It worked and everything is back to normal. I guess i can go back to enjoying Ubuntu! :)