Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Get black screen after Vista boots up  (Read 2777 times)

AL2010

Get black screen after Vista boots up
« on: February 06, 2011, 09:36:42 AM »
Hi everyone,

I installed Excel 2003. Later that day, I turned the PC on. Vista loaded but then a blank black screen appeared. I was able to log in via Safe Mode. I tried Last know Good Config. I couldn't do a System Restore since this hadn't working for months. I did a factory restore. After the restore, the screen said Windows is preparing for first use or something similar. Then a blank black screen appeared. I could not boot via Safe Mode. I cant boot via Safe Mode with Command Prompt. I booted via Bootlog. The last file that loaded before the black screen was crcdisk.sys. I renamed and then deleted this file and some other files(pcmcia.sys, 1394bus.sys). This didn't fix the problem either. And now when I boot via Bootlog, I just get a blank black screen.

I have tried booting any way that I can but nothing has worked. I ran the startup up tool and it runs for like 3 seconds. Ran memory diagnostics. Checked my memory. I ran an extended test on my hd and it failed. Mentioned something about 7. I dont have a backup. I don't have a Vista CD. And I don't want to buy a new hard drive unless I have to. Please help.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Get black screen after Vista boots up
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 07:01:30 PM »
I ran an extended test on my hd and it failed.

This means whether you want to buy one or not your gonna have to...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "