Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error Message 0xc0000005  (Read 5153 times)

oldflyboy

Error Message 0xc0000005
« on: February 14, 2011, 04:25:58 AM »
I have been away for 3 weeks and on return, found that there were a lot of Microsoft Updates all apparently dealing with Security.
I allowed them to download automatically and after closing down and then re-starting, found that when I tried to open IE8, I got a message saying error 0xc0000005 and IE8 would not load at all.
This message is from my laptop!
I use Virgin Media, through Cable connection.
I have tried System Restore and that got me back online, but the next time I tried I got the Error Message again.
Email works, Skype works, but I got a message that Skype did not support my webcam. It has supported it right up to the other day when all this started.
Could this be as a result of the Security Downloads?  And how do I get to IE8 to rectify anything, when I can't get it to open.
So far I have spent three days trying to sort this without any success at all.
HELP!!!!!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Error Message 0xc0000005
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 06:44:48 PM »
That error message is very broad. It could be also anything. If you are sure that you have not done anything wrong, there is a possibility you have the

w32.Pinfi virus.

That is only a guess.

W32.Pinfi is a memory-resident polymorphic virus that will infect the .EXE and .SCR files. This virus can also spread via mapped drives and network shares.
http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=116189.0;num_replies=0

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 11:47:11 PM »
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 02:01:14 AM »
found that when I tried to open IE8, I got a message saying error 0xc0000005 and IE8 would not load at all.
Disabling all add-ons on IE8 willmost likely resolve the issue. Go to Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs->Manage Addons and select show all Addons. Do not Disable All under Microsoft Corp. but only Sun Micro, Yahoo Inc. Google Inc. and Adobe Inc..Enable one under the same steps and relaunch IE and if you can get to open IE, close the browser and again enable another addon and open IE till you get the same error or issue. The last enabled addon will be the most likely culprit and should be remained disabled. Post back to update on the addon problem that is causing you the given error... This same error provide solution to these steps occurred on my XP IE8 machine.