Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IHACKED  (Read 2429 times)

IHACKED
« on: February 10, 2011, 11:10:21 AM »
I have more than 19 accounts in my windows xp and win7 machine I know the source but can not remove these accounts because they keep replicating my admin accounts and thus have complete control of my machines they have not damaged anything but they just sit and watch which doesn't bother me but concern me because at anytime I could be hit with anything my question is how to remove them permanently and regain my admin permissions ???

midsail

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: IHACKED
    « Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 05:15:52 PM »
    Is this a sand along PC or is it in a Network? Stand along means it is not connect to anything. If it is a stand along and u still have Admin rights do the following:
    1- change your admin password to at least 16 characters using numbers, small caps, large caps and special characters.
    2- change the rest of the accounts to regular users if you don't mind having them or delete the accounts.
    3- if it is a network PC disconnect from internet/intranet. Make sure no one can access the PC.
    4- update all anti virus and malware, spyware software. Run the anti virus and malware.
    5- remove/delete all users.
    6- when connecting PC back to  network make sure you are using proper security measures.
    Usually manufacturers of networking equipment supply instruction to secure your networks especially wireless networks. 

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: IHACKED
    « Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 06:31:05 AM »
    Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html