Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Color changing pixels in blacks during video  (Read 2691 times)

caboosemark

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Color changing pixels in blacks during video
    « on: May 04, 2011, 12:04:42 AM »
    My comp: Dell Inspiron e1505, windows xp, service pack 3, integrated graphics card, 1gig ram, intel t2300 @ 1.66 ghz, and i use avg free version for anti virus.

So within the last week and a half/two weeks while playing a browser game and when watching videos on any program i use (divx, wmp, and vlc) the blacks have started to get lines and patterns of pixels that change from orange to white and occasionally some blues. It doesnt happen at all when doing anything other than playing the game or watching videos but as soon as i do it starts getting the goofy colors and it only happens on deep blacks. Im not finding any viruses and so far i havent found anyone else with the same problem. Just wondering if anyone here has had this happen to them or knows what is happening. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank ya

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: Color changing pixels in blacks during video
    « Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 12:25:02 AM »
    Have you tried uninstalling Divx first, or any recent changes/settings reverted? Your laptop documentation also shows video memory allocation under BIOS settings(128 mb max.). Have you tried toggling it?

caboosemark

Topic Starter

Re: Color changing pixels in blacks during video
      « Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 02:21:09 AM »
      Ill try dropping divx and see if that helps at all and ive started to think the program i downloaded to play bs online might have something to do with it. As for my bios, i set a password on it a few years ago and the hard drive was dead for around a year and a half til i got a new one, so being dumb enough to put a password on something no one else would mess with, i forgot it. Need to break the password but i havent needed to do anything bios related since i got it running again so i just havent done it yet.