Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Joystick sign/unsign  (Read 4156 times)

br3akth3w1nd

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Joystick sign/unsign
    « on: June 02, 2011, 10:25:38 PM »
    I am not sure if this is the right section but...
    Is there a way to turn off or sign off my joystick when I am done playing with it, without disconecting it from the computer? Because it has a bright blue light that is great when playing but bugs me when I am not playing. And it has some problems with connecting when the computer so it will be nice not having to disconect it. Any program maybe that can do that?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Joystick sign/unsign
    « Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 11:31:41 PM »
    Is there a way to turn off or sign off my joystick

Joysticks could be turned off via the game option itself. But not sure whether it is just like any flash drive or external hard drives as a plug and play device which is automatically detects or autoruns and use a safely remove hardware option when turning off.
    And it has some problems with connecting when the computer

What is the exact problem?
    so it will be nice not having to disconect it.

Just like any plug and play device once successfully turned off, you would still need to unplug and replug the device to make it work again.

br3akth3w1nd

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 07:06:04 AM »
      The problem was that it needs to be plugged before the game has been started ;D So how to turn it off via the game?

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 08:03:19 AM »
      There's not really any way to do what you're looking for other than unplugging it. Games can't turn on/off the joystick itself, just decide whether or not it will accept commands coming from it. There's no easy way to do this in Windows either. Is this a USB joystick or the old kind that connects to a joystick port?

br3akth3w1nd

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 08:23:30 AM »
        There's not really any way to do what you're looking for other than unplugging it. Games can't turn on/off the joystick itself, just decide whether or not it will accept commands coming from it. There's no easy way to do this in Windows either. Is this a USB joystick or the old kind that connects to a joystick port?
        Its USB Cyborg X Joystick

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 10:45:18 PM »
        The only easy way to do that with a USB joystick: unplug it. Normally, they don't have power switches on them to shut them off, and if that one doesn't, the only other way is to unplug it. Even disabling the USB hub in the hardware profile won't stop the hub from giving power to it.

If you don't want to unplug it and the light bothers you that much, cover it with something, hide it under your table, close your eyes, something... but there's no way to do what you want unfortunately.

That's just poor design on their part. Some companies include a feature in their product software or by a hardware switch to change, reduce or turn off lighting (like my Logitech G13 and Sidewinder keyboard), then again, some don't (like my Roccat Apuri).

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 05:09:57 AM »
        Duct Tape...

The force that binds the Universe together...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "