Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HDMI from T.V. to PC Display Failure  (Read 2737 times)

rickylon

HDMI from T.V. to PC Display Failure
« on: August 01, 2011, 07:51:40 PM »
So here is my problem,

My Graphics card has 3 slots, two DVI and one HDMI.  I have both DVIs connected to my monitors, but when I try to connect the HDMI to my T.V. all the screens turn black and display won't come back, not even after disconnecting DVIs.  HDMI works with the monitors but not with the T.V., I was thinking it might be an issue with late response form the T.V. to the computer? or maybe a drivers issue?.. I did my research but couldn't find anything that solved the probelm.  please help

(Windows 7)

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: HDMI from T.V. to PC Display Failure
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 11:57:01 PM »
Some motherboards/graphics cards don't allow simultaneous output.
"The Radeon HD 4200 supports HDMI, DisplayPort (if integrated) and DVI. HDCP support is native to the Radeon HD 4200's video controller, so it's fully compatible with high-definition content played over Blu-ray discs. Within the AMD 785G are two independent display controllers, one digital (DVI/DP/HDMI) and one analog for displays. Depending on the manufacturers board-level implementation, the 785G will easily support dual monitors (one analog and one digital)."
So it is a chipset limitation.
http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=133604.0;prev_next=next
This MSI thread describes the limitations of multiple displays.
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none