Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Won't Boot Up At Our House ONLY  (Read 7273 times)

truenorth

Guru

Re: Computer Won't Boot Up At Our House ONLY
    « Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 12:19:58 PM »
    Shoe, Welcome to the CH forums. You are requesting information from a thread that is almost one year old from the previous input. Very unlikely the O/P will return to address your query. If i might suggest have your cousin join our forum and post the issue as a NEW topic and we will be glad to try and assist her. truenorth

shoe

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 03:44:03 AM »
      That is a great idea as soon as she gets it to boot I i will have her do that

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 09:14:10 AM »
        Well other options for assistance DO exist. She can access the forums through another computer (if available). Or you could act as her surrogate. However as i stated in my previous post to enjoy the greatest amount of potential assistance start a new post on her issue. Piggybacking on another post is NOT considered good forum ethics. truenorth

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 04:36:05 PM »
        Have you tried starting the machine in VGA mode? Just before the windows logo initially appears, tap the F8 key repeatedly untill the Windows Advanced Boot menu appears. Then in the list there will be an option to load windows in VGA mode (640x480) I work in a repair shop and sometimes see machines that have their resolution set too high for certain LCD monitors to display correctly, and end up garbling. If it is still having this issue even under VGA mode, it is also possible that the refresh rate of the graphics card is set too high, and you will need to use the machine elsewhere or get your relatives to bring their monitor over so you can change it and continue to use it.

If you find the VGA mode does not work, or you do not know how to increase your screen resolution once you are able to get it working, post back and I can instruct you further :)