Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Question about RAM timings / Radeon branded RAM  (Read 2244 times)

pcjoseph1974

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Question about RAM timings / Radeon branded RAM
    « on: August 14, 2011, 07:09:50 AM »
    http://www.megagames.com/news/amd-moving-dram-business

"As of now, the Radeon branded RAM is available in three tiers, a 1333 MHz "Entertainment" tier (9-9-9 timings), a 1600 MHz "ULTRAPRO Gaming" tier (11-11-11 timings), and an "Enterprise" tier with unannounced timings or speed.  Only 2GB memory sticks are available with no news about larger sizes being planned."

I thoought the lower the number, the better the RAM, Is there something wrong here, or with my impression?

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Question about RAM timings / Radeon branded RAM
    « Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 07:45:32 AM »
    the timings are in nanoseconds; the difference is virtually unnoticeable. But why would I buy such RAM when I can overclock my generic Kingston RAM to 1600 MHz at 9-9-9-24?
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Salmon Trout

Re: Question about RAM timings / Radeon branded RAM
    « Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 08:13:32 AM »
    Also the frequency in MHz has an influence on RAM performance.