Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP D530 Lan Card not working  (Read 4846 times)

timeslasher

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    HP D530 Lan Card not working
    « on: August 10, 2011, 01:34:45 AM »
    Hi there!
    I;m new here...can anybody help me fix my PC?
    Please help me...I've reformat my PC three times already,,,but still i can't get connection with the internet...
    I use WINDOWS XP as the OS and installed HP motherboard for this one but it's still not working as well as the speakers...
    could anybody try to help me please?Here's a screenshot of the device manager...

[regaining space - attachment deleted by admin]

timeslasher

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: HP D530 Lan Card not working
      « Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 02:09:17 AM »
      and by the way, how will i know my IP address?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 02:25:53 AM »
      Is win XP the original system installed? Have you tried looking for the particular drivers on HP support site? Click this link and look for network and Audio drivers.
      http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=316722&prodSeriesId=316720&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1093#11395

musamanyama

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 02:04:11 AM »
      as u highlighted that network device in device manager go up to the toolbar
      then click on the icon says update driver then update it from the Internet...then follow simple instructions given
      and in ip address go to Run type cmd <Enter> then in the black window type Nslookup <Enter>...theres your Ip addres

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 05:04:12 AM »
      nslookup only shows your DNS Servers.... you should try www.ip-adress.com to view your external IP address.
      In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
      Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

timeslasher

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 04:34:18 AM »
        thank you for your reply guys... @jason2074: yup, i've already tried that site but it didn't work since, i think, i need to make sure of the model of my ethernet hardware first... :(
        i don't have any idea how to know the exact ethernet driver to install...
        @musamanyama and Transfusion: i'll probably do your suggestions once i figure out the right driver for my ethernet...but your suggestions probably gave me another knowledge to find out IP address...thanks so much guys!

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
        « Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 11:46:29 PM »
        Use Speccy to identify your LAN card http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard