Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Pages Printing Dark, Totally Black after Changing the Drum.  (Read 2487 times)

lino124

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    Pages Printing Dark, Totally Black after Changing the Drum.
    « on: August 24, 2011, 03:15:54 PM »
    Hello Good people,

We have a Toshiba e-Studio 452 Printer, which we use it mainly for photocopying purpose. Recently it started printing white lines in the middle of the pages. I removed the developer unit and the drum only to find out that part of the drum had Toner stack on it, i tried cleaning it with a smooth dry cloth, but the dry toner never came out, since we have a spare drum so i just went on and changed the drum, i assembled and then put back everything in place. Know when i make copies the white lines is gone but the page comes out totally dark, completely black no readable information and the drum gets covered with toner. I spent the all day figuring out what went wrong, it seems like i made it worse. I was told the problem is at the back frame of the machine a mismatch, I just don't seem to figure it out.

Any help is well appreciated.     

Salmon Trout

Re: Pages Printing Dark, Totally Black after Changing the Drum.
    « Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 03:43:46 PM »

I think you are very very foolish to attempt to repair this very expensive machine. You should call the manufacturer's service department. This is not a user-serviceable item, and you may invalidate any warranty or repair contract, especially if the machine is leased.

lino124

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      « Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 03:51:52 PM »
      Thanks for your advice, too late though coz i am in the mud know, so is there any way out of this mess?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 03:53:50 PM »
      You should call the manufacturer's service department.

They will find out sooner or later. When your boss sees the bill you will get fired. Better to tell the truth now.

lino124

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        « Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 04:03:16 PM »
        Salmon Trout,

There is nothing to hide, the machine was not working and we are located in an area where the local dealer does not come out on call for services. I would really appreciate if you were more helpful rather than being burdensome. Anyway thanks for your input.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 04:48:14 PM »
          I totally agree with ST's admonishments. However given your limitations re dealer servicing (although i am curious as to how you come to be in possession and are using such a highly sophisticated piece of equipment with no access to servicing) has it been normal practice for staff to service this machine themselves? It seems like you have identified the source of your 'darkness" issue when you note that with the replacement drum and a new toner the drum is covered in toner. It would appear that whatever regulates the toner dispersal is malfunctioning and allowing too much toner to be released. If they can't come to you can the machine go to them for service? Looks like more than a Smart car will be needed. I presume you have adjusted the darkness control to the very minimum. Perhaps if they can do nothing else the dealer could advise you on the proper method to clean the drum. Is there any warranty on this printer? Do you own it? truenorth