Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Annoying login error at startup  (Read 2511 times)

Roi

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Annoying login error at startup
    « on: August 28, 2011, 09:39:46 AM »
    Right so I've been using this notebook for while now, and this issue has literally just appeared.

Whenever I try to boot up the pc everything goes normally, that is until I attempt to log in. Whenever I enter the correct password and actually login into the username the welcome message will appear and act as if the OS is going to boot normally. However, the pc never actually starts up it just stays on that welcome message until the pc automatically restarts.

I was able to receive a blue screen once after five tries, but that only lasted for about thirty seconds, so I could't exactly read all that it had to say.

I'll also note that I am unable to login in safe mode as well. Also my OS is windows 7.  Chkdsk has also came up empty as well, and my restore points have all mysteriously vanished.

Roi

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Annoying login error at startup
      « Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 11:55:14 AM »
      Is no one willing to help?

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      Re: Annoying login error at startup
      « Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 09:58:53 PM »
      It's not about a willingness to help. Your post has only been up for a few hours. People volunteer here, and will get around to helping you when they're available.

It sounds like something about the Windows boot process has failed that is preventing you from getting into normal or safe mode. If you have the means to put the drive into another computer and backup your files, do so before attempting to fix this.

Since this is a notebook, you will likely have recovery CDs. If you never made recovery CDs or they weren't included, the computer might have a recovery partition which can be used to restore the system to factory defaults. However, using either recovery method erases everything from the computer (which is why I suggest backing up anything you want) and restores it to the condition it was when you bought it.

Unfortunately, unlike a normal Windows CD, these recovery methods usually don't include a "repair" option. However, if yours does, you can try that before doing a full restore. Still, back up your information first, as things can go wrong that are irreversible.