Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Disabling Language Change  (Read 2476 times)

simonhicks

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Disabling Language Change
    « on: September 13, 2011, 09:01:17 AM »
    Hi all,

I'm running Win XP Pro. I need to be able to stop anyone changing the language on the computer, i.e. locking it to English only and stopping anyone changing it to another language. Is there a way to do this?

Cheers
              Simon

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Disabling Language Change
    « Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 09:02:53 AM »
    Yes there is, you need to disable it in Language Settings in the Control Panel.
    Evil is an exact science.

simonhicks

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 09:16:30 AM »
      Hi Quantos,

Yup, but how do I stop someone going back into Control Panel, Language Settings and just putting a second language in. I need a way to stop this happening, at least difficult enough so that they would need to install some languages from a CD or something like that.

The issue is that I have some equipment attached to this PC that is run by some software that gets completely confused when someone sets a language with commas for decimal points etc. So I need a way of stoping the language being changed.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
                Simon

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 11:30:15 AM »
        Why can you not just install a "login password" known only to yourself ? Do you not have control over who is using the computer?truenorth

Quantos

Guru
        • Veni, Vidi, Vici
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 11:43:53 AM »
        Yup, but how do I stop someone going back into Control Panel, Language Settings and just putting a second language in. I need a way to stop this happening, at least difficult enough so that they would need to install some languages from a CD or something like that.

The issue is that I have some equipment attached to this PC that is run by some software that gets completely confused when someone sets a language with commas for decimal points etc. So I need a way of stoping the language being changed.

Any thoughts?

Who else is using the computer, maybe have a discussion with them.  I would simply limit the people that have access.
        « Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:56:30 AM by Quantos »
        Evil is an exact science.