Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: touchpad help  (Read 4786 times)

cutiepie17881

touchpad help
« on: October 08, 2011, 04:00:12 PM »
i have an emachine e627 with windows 7 on it. my touchpad works but the scroll bar on the side hasn't for some time now. it worked fine when i got the computer but for quite some time it hasn't worked at all. when it first started to screw up if i hit the scroll bar it would freeze up my mouse for about ten minutes so i put electrical tape on that side and eventually it stopped but the whole thing stopped all together now. does anyone have any ideas to what caused this problem and how to fix it?

truenorth

Guru

Re: touchpad help
    « Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 04:50:03 PM »
    By your post reference to "so i put electrical tape on that side" i have the impression that this represents something you have tried to fix on your own. If it is a hardware issue with the touch-pad you could purchase USB external and use that instead. Either an external touch pad or a mouse with scroll wheel. However just on the off chance that your issue can be resolved with a driver update try the Acer web site for touchpad driver updates. If none can be found there here is a link to an alternative site that purports to provide it.
    http://www.driverstools.com/e-machines-drivers/download-emachines-e627-notebook-for-windows-xp-vista-7/
    truenorth

TheShadow

Hopeful

• Retiree in Florida
      • Yes
      • The Doctor
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 09:37:18 AM »
    My own fix for all touch-pad problems, like it being just too slow for me, is to plug in a USB/ digital/ wheel mouse.
    With that done and working, I can disable the "Synaptics" driver for the touch-pad and then I don't have to worry about me touching the pad by mistake and causing problems with what I'm doing.
    And that's just one less thing I have to worry about, running in the background all the time.

Sorry, that's probably NOT what you were looking for, but hey, "Works for me!".

Cheers Mate!
    The Shadow  8)
    Experience is truly the best teacher.
    Backup! Backup! Backup!  Ghost Rocks!

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 10:11:50 AM »
    I'd also get a USB mouse, a wireless one, as the solution to this problem.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 02:21:53 PM »
    I'd also get a USB mouse, a wireless one, as the solution to this problem.
    That's what I do, but sometimes, depending on where you are using the notebook, there's no place to use a mouse.  You also have to cart it around & most cases don't have room for even an AC power adapter.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 02:42:46 PM »
      All this to say as i said in my initial reply "Either an external touch pad or a mouse with scroll wheel" you could purchase USB external ". I am using the stated mouse all the time and it does NOT require  an AC power adapter. At this point with all the repetitive suggestions for the same thing i think it would be nice if the O/P would return to acknowledge our recommendation.truenorth