Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HTML "Open in New Window" code?  (Read 15051 times)

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: HTML "Open in New Window" code?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 11:05:19 AM »
Would others agree that Dreamweaver is a good choice to start out on simple web design?  I looked at Xara.  Sure didn't seem very intuitive.

Dreamweaver is fine too. But if you really want to make webpages, then find one that works, and get on with it.

W3C schools[/url[ HTML page has HTML tutorials. And W3C is the official HTML guys so it's a good place to visit to get all your HTML learning.

hope2u

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 05:05:20 PM »
    I should have mentioned that I was really hoping to make up my webpage without learning any HTML or very little.  Is this realistic considering what modern website creation software can now do?

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 05:59:35 PM »
    Yes, you can go that route and avoid getting into the nitty-gritty of coding.

Mellie94

Starter

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 04:41:43 AM »
      When I edit html files from my computer, they keep opening in the same browser that I have opened. How do I fix it so that html files will open in their own windows?

I'm not looking to make a new window appear with HTML. I'm trying to edit HTML files and would prefer them to open in a fresh window instead of 'hijacking' my current opened browser.
      { Ring bearer and Flower Girl Tips }
      Charm Bracelets For Girls

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 05:35:28 AM »
      When I edit html files from my computer, they keep opening in the same browser that I have opened. How do I fix it so that html files will open in their own windows?

I'm not looking to make a new window appear with HTML. I'm trying to edit HTML files and would prefer them to open in a fresh window instead of 'hijacking' my current opened browser.

Please do not post questions in existing threads. Just start a new thread for your problem & question. Thank you.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      « Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 10:09:24 AM »
      W3C schools HTML page has HTML tutorials. And W3C is the official HTML guys so it's a good place to visit to get all your HTML learning.

I know this is a old thread, but this is a common misconception. W3schools is not affiliated with the W3C in any way at all. they are a separate entity, and not official in any way. Members of the W3C have tried to get w3schools to disavow any affiliation with the W3C but they have refused to do so.

Other resources:

http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/1-introduction-to-the-web-standards-cur/#toc

Google's HTML, CSS, and Javascript from the Ground Up

sitepoint

Also, the w3c itself has some information pages. It has a Learn page, as well as a HTML element reference.

Also, the Mozilla Doc center starts at intermediate CSS and covers JavaScript better than anyone.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.