Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: regrouping . . . need help with finding specific string(s) . . .  (Read 6674 times)

Raven19528

Hopeful
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: regrouping . . . need help with finding specific string(s) . . .
    « Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 03:35:11 PM »
    This is the code I'm running, and I can see the 'move' command and it looks correct now, but it's not doing the 'move'.  Am I missing something?
    I tried the 'ren' command, too and it didn't work either.

Try a copy instead. If the copy ends up working, then you can delete the old file. Should look like this:

Code: [Select]
    set newname=confirm.!Customer!.!Order!.!Dat!.!tim!.cnf
    copy %d_qdbconf%\%%A %tloc_qdbconf%\!newname!
    echo del %d_qdbconf%\%%A

Once you verify the copy took, remove the echo from the last line and you're good. Move does essentially the same thing, but sometimes it is finicky and in order to avoid losing data, a copy is always a better avenue.
    "All things that are
    Are with more spirit chased than enjoy'd" -Shakespeare

jpilch

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 03:59:31 PM »
      OMG . . . I'm a dork!   :-[

It was the echo.  When I took that off, it worked.  THAT was embarrassing!  hehehe

I think I just have to add some cleanup and then I'm done!

Thank you ALL for your help.  I'm sure I'll be posting again, if not for this project, the next batch job project.

Thanks again.
      Jeanette

T.C.

Beginner

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 09:40:07 PM »
        He clearly showed he wanted 000417 in the very first post, and this has been addressed in the answers. Did you read them?

Quietly whispers WHAT!!.  Sure but the script the OP indicates is being used (Reply #10) shows that the ability to generate the required zeroes to create a six-digit number has been removed from my original script, hence my query about the spec being altered.

But anyway the OP Jeanette's requirements seem to have been met so I'm outa here.