Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: tablet or computer  (Read 2353 times)

BELJANE

tablet or computer
« on: November 19, 2011, 05:48:33 AM »
I have 2 kids going to college, trying to deside if a tablet would be better, or a tablet computer ( one with hard drive and keyboard that flips to look like a tablet also.
Thanks

truenorth

Guru

Re: tablet or computer
    « Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 03:18:03 PM »
    Here is a site that offers advice on various tablets and the pros and cons of them. http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/
    Just as a bit of information RIM the manufacturer of the Blackberry Has just announced today that it is offering it's tablets at dramatically reduced prices because of some recent company issues with it's blackberry service. I imagine their motivation is to try and induce buyers of other competitor's products to come to theirs. The 16 gb is reduced by $300.00 to $199.00 the 32gb to $289.00 and the 64GB to $399.00. I am NOT advocating you buy one nor am i in a position to comment on the company or their products. However if you decide to go the tablet route you might want to investigate that offer. truenorth

Crafty

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 09:20:29 PM »
    I would recommend the Asus Transformer prime, it's due out in the USA in December and early January across Europe. It's a the first tablet to use a quad core and it also has a keyboard you can attach if you like.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra-asus.html

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 01:43:53 AM »
    I would look into how the machine will be use. Does it need to be portable or not? For basic purposes, both laptop and desktop could give you the requirements.