Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't record sound inWindows 7  (Read 3668 times)

antalves

Topic Starter

Beginner

• I have doubts, therefore I am
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Can't record sound inWindows 7
« on: November 29, 2011, 01:54:26 PM »
My motherboard M5A78L has an on-board Realtek HD Audio sound card. Works well, unless the fact that the Sound Recorder that comes at Accessories  does not work because, it said, "there is no recording device connected."

However, I have LinuxMint11 as guest in VMware. At this, the sound recorder records any sound that comes from the PC's speakers! good one!

In win7 already changed the sound driver, no results

To me this is a "mystery", since usually who does not recognize sound device sometimes, is Linux.

What to do?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Can't record sound inWindows 7
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 02:21:05 PM »
My motherboard M5A78L has an on-board Realtek HD Audio sound card. Works well, unless the fact that the Sound Recorder that comes at Accessories  does not work because, it said, "there is no recording device connected."
With on-board audio subsystems you must install only the drivers that came with the motherboard, not drivers from the chip maker. But if the CD does not have Windows 7 drivers, find them using then motherboard model, not the audio chip maker.
Google:
M5A78L drivers for windows 7
These are the drives, or driver set, that is just for your motherboard.

As to why Linux can do it, that is another subject. Good for you, because you used Linux as a hardware verification tool. Now get the right drivers for Windows 7 from  a Google search.

Realtek makes a lot of stuff. Custom designs are altered to meet requirements of the motherboard.