Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer using more ram the usual  (Read 3075 times)

Frejoh466

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Computer using more ram the usual
« on: December 09, 2011, 10:13:45 AM »
Now I'm not saying like 200MB more, it's using 3,5gig more ram then usual, the only thing that changed was that I installed drivers for AMD card (the catalyst driver pack) and a new keyboard (G19) I disabled most stuff so for like 5-30min when I start the computer I use the RAM I usually use (1,2gig) but then It rise to 6,1gig.

I haven't seen any different processors then the new Z7LcdMonitor.exe, LCDClock.exe, LCDMon.exe, LGDCore.exe and some new Win7 processes I swear I haven't seen before but a Google search says the are fine.

Anyone know what could cause this?

Edit: and yea I tried to kill those processes I mentioned but the RAM didn't fall down.
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Computer using more ram the usual
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 09:31:46 PM »
Out of curiosity, I wonder, how much ram does the pc use in safe mode?

Frejoh466

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 01:18:33 AM »
When it started it used 999MB after 30min in idle it was using 637MB of ram, but I should also mention that when it use around 6gig ram it sometimes just drop it down to 1,2gig in a few minutes, but it's totally random on how much ram it want to use.
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 01:25:29 AM »
What is actually using the RAM? I mean aside from "the computer"
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Frejoh466

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 03:12:08 AM »
I don't know, I haven't found anyway to see what is using the RAM, I did some searching but it seemed like you couldn't see what program used how much RAM. If I knew what the program was I would have done something about it. When I did the search I mostly found how to lower the usage of RAM which I think is totally pointless for me.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 03:58:29 AM »
Right click the Taskbar, select "Start Task Manager"

1. Select the Performance tab, look at the lower part where it says Physical Memory (MB) and post or screengrab what you see there.
2. Click the Processes tab, click the column heading "Memory (Private Working Set) so the figures are sorted with the largest at the top, and see what the topmost entries are.

Frejoh466

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 04:48:08 AM »

2. In the Processes tab I got Image Name, CPU and Description I got no memory tab/column.

Edit, I think I found the problem, I removed WUDfhost.exe, I had to use Unlocker for it but sins I restarted the computer it's around 1,6gig RAM. But if keep it in this level for the day I guess I found the problem.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 05:03:18 AM by Frejoh466 »

Salmon Trout

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 05:19:34 AM »
WUDfhost.exe usually runs when you connect or use certain devices, among others, laptop fingerprint readers, phones, media/mp3 players, GPS devices, fancy watches, Bluetooth devices, external disks, etc, and the memory (and possibly CPU) hogging is probably down to a badly written driver that came with one of these.

Frejoh466

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 05:40:58 AM »
I got it after I installed the catalyst drivers, so right now I'm killing those "new" processes, but for the most part I have to delete the .exe file because I can't disable it on startup, well I probably could enter the registry end remove them there, but I'm not so into the registry editing part.