Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: is my Bandwidth being used up by Wordbiz?  (Read 4055 times)

Steff

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    is my Bandwidth being used up by Wordbiz?
    « on: February 13, 2012, 04:45:52 AM »
    Hi there,

I'm not sure if I’m in the right place but I’ve looked everywhere and I don’t know who else to ask or where else to look. I’m not sure if I should be worried. We have a 40GB a month cap on our bandwidth. I have been told that WordBiz 1.8 would take minimal bandwidth and so I have been using it quite regularly. WordBiz is an online scrabble game. However since the change to our 40GB cap, GB upon GB is being used up within days and we can't account it for anything. We are a small business and do not download music or movies or anything like that.

I'm suspecting someone might be using our account/knows our password but I just want to be sure in case it's me using up the bandwidth with this program- or- if not by the program, if other users of Word biz could somehow gain access to my PC and be uploading information without me knowing? I have downloaded bandwidth programs that tell you how much I am using and what I can make out from it is that it uses about 200MB over an hour which is nothing but maybe I’m understanding it incorrectly?

I know very little about PC lingo or how it all works but if someone could please help me and put my mind at ease regarding this as i really enjoy playing this game but don't want to be the reason we are running out of bandwidth :(

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: is my Bandwidth being used up by Wordbiz?
    « Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 10:22:10 AM »
    Welcome!
    Computer Hope is the number one location for free computer help.
    The forum will help everyone with all computer questions.

In this context 'bandwidth' means usage.
    Yes, it does use up your bandwidth.

Your best options are:
    1. Get an Internet service that does not meter bandwidth.
    OR
    2. Stop playing the game on line.

Raptor