Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer not recognizing port.  (Read 2970 times)

rubberbiscuit

Computer not recognizing port.
« on: September 25, 2005, 04:54:21 PM »
I want to install my printer/scanner. The computer then tells me that it does not recognize the port. What do I do?

GX1_Man

Re: Computer not recognizing port.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 05:13:16 PM »
Tell the computer it has no choice.
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
What kind of printer is it - make/model, USB or parallel port connection? Then we can advise

rubberbiscuit

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 05:45:25 PM »
Actually I am looking for the answer to this for my father and he has a HP 1311(I think) all-in-one printer/scanner/copier/fax

I think I found the answer. My computer was not recognizing the program because the correct driver was not installed for that printer/scanner.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 06:09:01 PM »
Another msoft clamp down in action...........it will soon hit the fan..........you have been warned......again......bgates seeks revenge.....and no hardware/software will be allowed without bg approval......

Sorry r/b :'( to hi-jack your post....but .....i ....had to do so....
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 06:09:39 PM by merlin_2 »

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 06:16:57 PM »
Actually I am looking for the answer to this for my father and he has a HP 1311(I think) all-in-one printer/scanner/copier/fax

I think I found the answer. My computer was not recognizing the program because the correct driver was not installed for that printer/scanner.

That is usually the problem. The HP software usually does periodic updates to make sure you have the latest version once you get it installed. There are rumors of spyware associated with this, but I have no hard evidence.