Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows OEM system conflict  (Read 3768 times)

stevergr

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    windows OEM system conflict
    « on: January 20, 2012, 01:07:43 PM »
    Good afternoon, I had to downgrade to Vista from Windows 7 due to a problem. I used a borrowed disc to load Vista - this disk was from a Dell computer. My laptop is a Toshiba & with the Dell OEM Windows system my ethernet network adapter will not work & my wirelees adapter is gone. I need to see if I can use my network adapter with this conflicting configuration. I get a Code 10 error message for the network adapter, Device cannot start. Any help on how to get the ethernet driver to work & how to get my wireless back on the computer would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: windows OEM system conflict
    « Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 01:09:48 PM »
    When you borrowed the Vista disc you violated the EULA. Accordingly we are unable to help you, I'm sorry.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 01:43:22 PM »
    This is an old problem. Microsoft will not help with an installation of  any OEM version of Vista. This was covered some years ago in a PC mag article. (2007)

Microsoft Answers 'Vista OEM' Questions
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2087792,00.asp

The article does not address the specific issue of the OP, but does provide some idea about how Microsoft views  OEM licensing.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 02:33:17 PM »