Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: hacking  (Read 3508 times)

plumberboy

hacking
« on: August 07, 2005, 10:36:04 PM »
i have webroot window washer, norton firewall & security & adware 6. how do i prevent someone who has been using my computer here at home and via a wireless hookup, from getting into my computer?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: hacking
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 10:54:25 PM »
By saying at home, and wireless hookup, I am guessing that you are talking about someone on your network... Well... You can set controls on that person to stop them from accessing files in shared folders by hiding them... Does someone know your password? Which operating system are you using? Also, I suggest keeping up with Windows Updates weekly (if not done already)... Microsoft is constantly coming out with security updates, etc.

[glb]Flame[/glb]

LisaAnton

Re: hacking- stopping it
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 10:12:06 PM »
I saw a segment on WVTV Fox 13 in Tampa, Florida about how a kid with a Pringles can and a laptop computer could hack any computer and monitor any calls made from a cordless phone. I was shocked!!
The advice given was that unplug the phone cord from the modem when u r done. If someone is using your computer from home without ur consent get into your control panel and under settings set a passcodeword that is bizarre, like peanut butter or something silly like that. If u share a network, so it the old-fashioned way. Don't do it. Burn a cd or save on 3 1/2 floppy A. Then hand it over. Hacking is serious. Worst case, disconnect the phone line completely and hide it somewhere.
Good luck!!
Lisa Anton