Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cleaning Computer Mouse  (Read 2402 times)

bigbadmur

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Cleaning Computer Mouse
    « on: February 29, 2012, 04:51:06 PM »
    Hi,

I am looking for an antibacterial solution to use with some kind of cloth to clean and remove germs from my mouse.

I have been getting tiny clear liquid filled bubbles on parts of my right had that have come in contact with the mouse I use both at home and at work so I think I may be picking something bad up from the mouse.

Can anyone recommend a product or alternative?

Murray

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Cleaning Computer Mouse
    « Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 06:52:41 PM »
    You can make a home made mix of Alcohol and water to duplicate the effectiveness of most hand sanitizers.

A mixture of equal parts of Alcohol and water are recommended. The other ingredients i n hand sanitizers are not proven to be more effective is killing microbes.

This can be a polemic topic. Some have very strong opinions about personal hygiene and the use of hand sanitizers.

If it really matters, like in an environment where there are extreme concerns **,  you must use a method know to eliminate microbial activity. Namely, a dry oven used to sterilize surgical equipment and available from medical supplies stores. After removing mouse and keyboard from the oven, wait for one hour before putting power to the devices.

** The burn care unit in some hospitals.

mroilfield

Mentor
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Cleaning Computer Mouse
    « Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:32:24 PM »
    Hi,

I am looking for an antibacterial solution to use with some kind of cloth to clean and remove germs from my mouse.

I have been getting tiny clear liquid filled bubbles on parts of my right had that have come in contact with the mouse I use both at home and at work so I think I may be picking something bad up from the mouse.

Can anyone recommend a product or alternative?

Murray

You might consider consulting a doctor about your hand instead of just looking for a way to clean your mouse.
    You can't fix Stupid!!!