Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: URGENT please help  (Read 2976 times)

KaguyaHime

URGENT please help
« on: March 14, 2012, 07:54:33 PM »
I have  an acer aspire one notebook. I've had it for almost 2 years and just last year I downloaded W.O.W and played it but while I was playing until it lagged alot after lvl 21 it I enter an area in the game that made my computer lagg. and it blue screened and shut down v.v so I left it alone until today and I can't even get to my logg on screen

the message is : No Bootable device --Please restart system_
it's also beeping. theirs a low alarm clock sound and a loud -BEEP- what does this mean? is this fixable? or do I need to but a new computer?please help me and tell me if I left out some important information.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: URGENT please help
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 12:17:29 AM »
Ah...it is probably your hard drive that is failing/has already failed... No bootable device means that the BIOS is not detecting the hard drive. When you entered that area that caused your computer to blue-screen it may have been reading from a corrupt sector on the hard drive.
I was going to say run http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html to further diagnose the problem but you can't even boot into Windows.

What I would do is take the hard drive out of your laptop, plug it directly into a desktop computer's motherboard, download, burn to a DVD, and run TestDisk. http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Step_By_Step:

TestDisk can:
  • Fix partition table, recover deleted partition
  • Rebuild NTFS boot sector
  • Recover NTFS boot sector from its backup
  • Undelete files from FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2 filesystem
  • TestDisk has features for both novices and experts. For those who know little or nothing about data recovery techniques, TestDisk can be used to collect detailed information about a non-booting drive which can then be sent to a tech for further analysis.
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

giardmi09

Beginner

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: URGENT please help
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 07:48:27 AM »
It might be worth it to try the windows 7 recovery from the disc. If you have the windows vista/7 disc, put it in the optical drive and turn on the laptop. If bios is set to boot from optical drive it should tell you to press any key to boot to cd/dvd. Then once it loads click repair and see if the automatic repair fixes it. Could just be a bad MBR or something similar.