Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: monitor  (Read 2512 times)

Lyndi

monitor
« on: August 19, 2005, 12:53:36 AM »
my monitor shows distorted fonts, i've done a lot of changes in resfesh rate, color settings, and monitor settings up to changing the vga card but same outcome, is there any problem with monitor plyback ? thank u anyway

erik

Re: monitor
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 03:42:53 AM »
try checking the connection plugs... probably your monitor needs a repair.. =)

cT Chai

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 06:22:12 AM »
yeah i have i slight problem of the same but mind take 5 or 6 second to star the monitors

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 07:22:54 AM »
my monitor shows distorted fonts, i've done a lot of changes in resfesh rate, color settings, and monitor settings up to changing the vga card but same outcome, is there any problem with monitor plyback ? thank u anyway

What type of monitor you are using?

If it is CRT, do not use Cleartype. If it is LCD use Cleartype.

Lazebug

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 10:37:07 PM »
Recently I build a new pc with recycle parts and run Window Me. Everything is well until I logon to internet, I got all kinds of Virus and Junk come up. I tried to d/l an antivirus free program from "Grisoft.com".  When it d/l to 99%, it freeze there and failure. I reboot and up to load Window Me, the MONITOR start running horrizontally with non stop. Nothing I can see. I change with a working monitor. It works fine and normal. I thought may be the monitor is too old and maulfunction. So I decided to discard it to the garbage dump. Before doing that I reformat the harddrive and reload Window Me on the pc.  I re-connect this "malfunction" monitor. and System bootup normally and everything doing well even since.  Would it be the virus screw up the monitor's config file?
I am a green hand.

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 01:10:21 AM »
    Start a new thread you Lazebug.