Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: can't open zip files - help please  (Read 2463 times)

Pennie77

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    can't open zip files - help please
    « on: March 30, 2012, 08:11:38 PM »

I'm really puzzled.  I hired a gal from elance to work for me.  I had her images
    to crop in a folder and tried to zip it.  7zip wouldn't do it.  I went surfing and got
    jzip, tried it and all was fine.  She got them, no problem.

Now SHE can't get the finished work zipped and sent to me.  I told her it might
    be that it's 10 .9MB.  So she split them in 2, zipped and sent them to me.  They
    opened and says they are archived files. 

She has gotten 2 different zip softwares and still can't open them properly.

I don't know if the problem is on her end or my end.

Can you suggest something?  I've never had a days problem with zip files.

Pennie

T
    Love You Computer Geeks

ComputerHope is my recommendation to all

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: can't open zip files - help please
    « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 08:55:11 PM »
    Now SHE can't get the finished work zipped and sent to me.  I told her it might
    be that it's 10 .9MB.  So she split them in 2, zipped and sent them to me.  They
    opened and says they are archived files. 
    She has gotten 2 different zip softwares and still can't open them properly.
    Eh? The fact that she finished her work (or at least she claims she has) means that she was able to open it in the first place when it was sent from you...

You might want to try this program to open the 2 zip files that she has sent you:
    http://www.izarc.org/
    If you have broken archives IZArc can help you to repair them with ease.
    ...rar files or any other "strange" archive files attached ... IZArc is the right choice.
    On another note... aren't zip files called "archives" that contain compressed files?
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none