Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer restarting repeatedly with no explanation.  (Read 2828 times)

funguy11

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer restarting repeatedly with no explanation.
    « on: April 11, 2012, 01:27:14 PM »
    Lately I have been experiencing a rather hindering problem with Windows 7 and my HP computer. My computer will suddenly restart with no prior warning and no explanation at all as to why it restarted after it is running again. I do get the screen that warns the Windows did not properly shut down after It restarts. I have lost work because of this problem and need help!

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Computer restarting repeatedly with no explanation.
    « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 01:40:45 PM »
    Download BlueScreenView:
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
    unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
    when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
    Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
    Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

funguy11

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 02:11:34 PM »
      Before I can find out if that helps, I just experienced the problem myself. The computer doesn't restart on its own. The picture and sound cut out(my monitor goes blank and says No Signal before going into sleep mode) and there is nothing to do but hold down the power button for 4 seconds until it turns off. Turning it back on produces the warning that Windows did not shut down properly.

Doug

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 02:26:51 PM »
      You should still follow the directions in post #2.  Bluescreenview shows the code for the crash so that a fix can be attempted.