Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: best motherboared cpu combo  (Read 2196 times)

Mruniverce

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    best motherboared cpu combo
    « on: May 25, 2012, 09:05:41 AM »
    Hi, I want to upgrade my computer. I have a budget of 500.00 , I play on line games and want a good CPU motherboard combo any ideas? thanks.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: best motherboared cpu combo
    « Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 03:22:56 PM »
    Perhaps you mean on-line games over the In Internet. What you already have is a good s it gets of Internet gaming at this point in time.

Let me explain. Suppose you and your friends have a LAN party where you meet together in one room and tie you PCs together with a gigabit Ethernet router. In that case, you would have an slight edge over your friends if your computer was a lot faster.

At the present time, the internet seldom gives 6 megabit speed to residential users.  I don't know what the technical term for this is other than to say it is a "bottleneck." Additionally, there is a thing called "latency", which can not be improved by a faster PC.

Let me repeat. If you have a gigabit network, you have a slight advantage with a PC that is a lot faster than then others. It is like drag racing. Lot more power, slight advantage.